AMSTERDAM, Netherlands — Fashion brand Tommy Hilfiger has partnered with multi-genre musician and sustainability advocate, Mogli, to promote sustainable living and social change with a free online course. With the shared belief that creating a better future begins with creating the best versions of ourselves, the course will be freely available on the FutureLearn.com platform across mobile tablet and computer devices.
FutureLearn is transforming education with its meaningful course material, making online learning enjoyable and accessible. Through its thousands of courses taught by world-class universities and organizations including King’s College London and Johns Hopkins University, learnerscan develop hobbies, new skills and career-changing expertise 100% remotely.
The Sustainable Living course was researched, developed and shaped by a team ofaccredited subject matter experts to ensure it meets the highest educational standards.It will explore the connection between healthy life choices and sustainable living, featuring a mixture of storytelling, dialogue, new social knowledge and progress celebrations.Hosted by activist Mogli,the two-week course can be completed at the learner’sown pace.
In Week One:
- Discover: Mogli introduces the course material that will take users on a journey towards a more sustainable lifestyle
- Explore: Users explore the problem of overconsumption, the consequences it has on our planet and potential solutions.
- Dream: Mogli shares her dreams for the planet’s future,also exploringthe United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
- Reflect: Users discuss how to move forward togetherfor change.
In Week Two:
- Discuss: Users lookinwards and take stock of their own lifestyle.
- Challenge: Mogli reveals her personal journey towards a more sustainable lifestyle and introduces role models driving positive change.
- Action: Mogli shares how to be brave and bold based on her own experiences.
- Wrap-Up: Users take a quiz recapping what they learned throughout the course.
To fully equip users with the tools and understanding needed to drive social change, Tommy Hilfiger has designed four additional FutureLearn courses focused on body positivity, LGBTQIA+ allyship and community building, which will launch in the coming weeks. Through the platform, users will have a safe space to explore diverse experiences, share their personal dreams and unique challenges.
Alongside the FutureLearn courses, Tommy Hilfiger will be giving a series of live talks on its global social channels to provide additional short form, snackable life hacks. or more information on TH’s sustainability commitments, visit sustainability.tommy.com.
Friendsand followers of the brand are invited to join the conversation on social media using @TommyHilfiger and #TommyHilfiger.